I'm a huge beauty junkie, so when So Choix (pronounced shwaaaa) reached out* about trying their product, I was intrigued and excited. What is So Choix? They're making it easy for beauty lovers to try high-end makeup, perfumes, and nail polishes, without ever having to go into a Sephora or make-up counter. What really piqued my interest was that they had Tom Ford, Dior and Gucci. I've been wanting to try some of these higher end brands for while now to see if they are really worth the money.
How does it work?
Customers go online and choose the beauty products they want to try... then they measure out enough sample from the full-size product and deliver it right to their homes... so they can touch and try the products to see what they're really like. There's two options: Choose samples "a la carte" for $5 each – no subscription necessary. For $15 a month, choose 5 products to sample every month, buy extra samples for only $3 each, and more!
What's in the box?
Here's the items that I decided to try:
- Dior "DiorSkin" Nude Air serum Foundation in Nude Beige
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders - Diffused Light, Ethereal Light, Luminous Light
- Tom Ford Skin Illuminator
- They also send you some disposable tools you can use to apply some of your makeup. My box came with cotton swab applicators, a small face brush and a single holder that could fit one of the hourglass singles.
Swatches and Review
|Tom Ford Skin Illuminator swatch|
|Hourglass Ambient Light (L to R): Luminous, Ethereal, and Diffused Light|
|I liked that they labeled each item so I knew which color was which.|
|Swatches (L to R): Ethereal, Luminous, Diffused Light|
|Swatches (L to R): Diffused, Ethereal, Luminous Light|
* Disclaimer: Thank you So Choix for sending me this box for review purposes. As always, the opinions stated above are my own.