It's winter, and most of us are dealing with dry skin and peeling and chapped lips. Try this lip scrub that can easily made at home, you just need a few ingredients:
- Small airtight container like this
- Coconut Oil
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- Sugar (you can use whatever you have, white or raw brown sugar)
- Vitamin E (optional)
- Start with your sugar - put a few table spoons into your container.
- Next mix enough honey to make the sugar stick together - about 2 parts sugar to 1 part honey.
- Next put a small amount of coconut oil a little at a time. You want it to look like wet sand.
- Add the vanilla extract and a small amount of vitamin E gel if you have it available.
- All you have to do, is mix the ingredients together to create a paste and then rub them into your lips.
This mixture will exfoliate your lips and dead skin will rub right off. Wipe and rinse it all off with water when you’re done to reveal smooth lips. Make sure to moisturize after to keep them from drying out again. Here's some of my favorite lip balms that will help to seal in the moisture.