Monday, February 23, 2015
So you've decided to tackle that new year's resolution to eat healthier. Spaghetti squash is a great way to substitute the carbs in your favorite pasta recipe for a healthier alternative. Here's a 101 on how to cook and serve Spaghetti Squash.
Saturday, February 21, 2015
This month's IPSY Glam bag is here! This month's theme is #IPSYlove. IPSY is a subscription makeup bag that is personalized to your tastes (based on a personality quiz) that I get every month for only $10! It's so cheap, that's why I haven't cancelled yet like other subscriptions I've tried. You can read about last month's bag here. Get yours here.
Here's what was in my bag this month:
City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain
I'm not really a big fan or lipstains or this pink color, I stray toward nudes and darker colors, so I will probably be giving this item away.
Emite Make Up | Professional Eye Lash Curler
This lash curler is okay. I like the weight of it and that it's a nice dull black metal. It also came with some extra replacement pads which is nice. I get lazy to curl my lashed though, so not sure how much use I'll get out of it.
Eva NYC | Up All Night Volumizing Spray
I've received a mark masque from this brand before in one of my previous IPSY bags that I really liked, so I was excited to try this new product.
Mitchell and Peach | Fine Radiance Face Oil
Love face oils, so I'm excited to try this!
ModelCo | BLUSH Cheek Powder
I Love this matte pink color. I don't own a color like this, so it's nice to try. It goes on really smoothly and blends well.
Have you tried any subscription boxes for beauty, health or even food? If so, which ones do you like? Get your own IPSY bag here for only $10 a month!
Thursday, February 12, 2015
I wanted to make something sweet and festive for Valentine's day and I found this recipe on Pintrest. You all know how much I love Pintrest, follow me here. I loved how these super cute pink cookies came out so I wanted to share the recipe. They are soft and chewy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies perfect for Valentine's Day. They were super easy to make also. It only took me about 20 minutes.
Here's what you will need to make about 24 cookies.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry Flavored Cake Mix)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough. Continue stirring until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 Tablespoons of dough and roll into even balls and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes; they will be very soft at first. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Have a hot date with someone special or a date night with your girlfriends? You'll want to make sure you look good! Here's some ideas of what to wear this Valentine's Day. I like to keep it flirty with floral and lace in shades of pink, red, and the classics of black and white. What will you be rocking this Valentine's Day?
Even more flirty, floral and lacy numbers: