You just need about 30 minutes, and you could be enjoying a warm, cappuccino souffle at home that is also gluten free! My favorite way to enjoy this is with a light dusting of powdered sugar and a big scoop of freshly whipped cream. You could also top with some fresh fruit and a scoop of vnilla ice cream.
Easy Cappuccino Souffle
This was adapted from this recipe.
Makes four servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup butter, plus 1 tbs for greasing
2 tbs cocoa powder
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
2 tsp instant coffee powder (I used 2 Starbucks VIA packets)
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease four 8-ounce ramekins with butter
- Coat the ramekins with the cocoa, tapping out any excess that doesn’t stick.
- Clean up the top inside edge of the ramekin, removing any butter and cocoa that is along the top. This clean edge is what will give your souffle the perfect, clean lifted edge.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth.
- Add the instant coffee to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture one at a time until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg-white mixture into the chocolate in three parts until fully combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into the ramekins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until puffed and set.
- Serve immediately, dusted with a little powdered sugar and a big scoop of whipped cream.