I recently ordered my first item off of GILT - a pair of House of Harlow sunglasses for only $45!
I love my new sunglasses, they came really quickly and were packaged really well.
One of the main reasons why I love online shopping, is because of all the great deals out there. There's so many great online shopping sites that offer high quality items at a discount price. What are some of your favorite sites to shop on? And what are some tips and tricks to finding the best deals or best items out there?
Here's some of my top choices:
Amazon - of course, you can find everything and with Prime - free 2 day shipping
Hautelook - They are now a part of Nordstrom Rack so it's easy to return things. This was what started my bad habit of online shopping.
SoleSociety - This was the first shoe club I tried out. Their return policy is super easy and they have a good variety of shoes with real leather options. I have at least 4 pairs from them.
ShoeMint - This is probably my favorite of the shoe clubs right now, they use real leather and other high quality materials for their shoes, so they are the best value for the money you spend. It was started as a collaboration with Rachel Bilson and Steve Madden producing the shoes - so they are very on trend. I have a few pairs now that I am pretty happy with.
Shoe Dazzle - Originally founded by Kim K., they're top stylist is now Rachel Zoe - the ultimate! I've picked up a few shoes from them that i'm happy with.
Julep Maven - Julep has a monthly nail polish box that's they offer for Mavens. I love Julep because their nail polishes are what they call 4-free: does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. They have amazing high quality unique colors.
Finally, before I buy anything, I always check Retail Me Not for coupon codes. They have both in store and online shopping discount codes for almost any retailer all in one place.
Here's how to shop smart.. A few questions to ask yourself so you don't go overboard:
- Is it a good value? Are you buying it because it's on sale or because you actually want it/need it. It's easy to go overboard when you think you're getting a great deal and could be missing out. How's the quality and construction of the item?
- Do you have items in your closet with tags still on them that you haven't worn? Maybe you should wear those first...
- Can you afford it? This is a very important question to ask your self
- Do you need it? I know, I know... this is the question that always gets asked. But really... can you live without it?
- Are you going to wear it? Try and think of at least 5 different outfits that you can wear with the item. You want to make sure that it's not only stylish, but versatile.
Here's what I'm obsessed with lately: sunglasses, head turbands, cut out booties, skirts and crop tops, harness belts, and opaque neutral nail colors. Where are your favorite places to shop?